Dr. Anna Friis
Anna is a health psychologist with a particular focus on mindfulness and compassion-oriented therapy. She mainly works with people needing help with anxiety, depression, stress and burn-out, or people struggling with emotional issues arising from a medical diagnosis.
Anna has a Ph.D in Health Psychology from the University of Auckland, during which she created new scientific knowledge of the mental and physical health effects of self-compassion among diabetes patients. Her work has been published in several leading endocrinology journals.
She is a certified teacher of Mindful Self-Compassion and speaks regularly on this topic at conferences and workshops throughout New Zealand. Anna sees older teens and adults and works with a variety of concerns such as:
- Depression and low mood
- Stress and burn out
- Adjustment difficulties
- Sleep difficulties
- Grief and loss
- Adjustment to a medical diagnosis
- Chronic health related difficulties
- Doctor of Philosophy in Health Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology (1stClass Honours)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Science (Distinction)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts (extended major in Psychology)
- Certified teacher of Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC).