Katarina is compassionate about providing a supportive healing environment, where people can feel comfortable enough to get the help they need.
She is a firm believer in the notion that to best understand people, and in order to find the best way to help, working holistically, and together with people, whilst keeping in mind their context and unique background is key.
She work with variety of different concerns, such as stress, anxiety, depression and low mood, grief, relationships, bullying, abuse, chronic pain or ill health, identity, life transitions, adjustment and more.
She have a lot of experience working with young people, as well as adults and older adults. Prior to becoming a psychologist however, she enjoyed working with older adults in a care setting, as well as with children and adults diagnosed with intellectual disabilities and autism spectrum disorders.
Katarina is trained in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), which is a very skills based approach, which focus on teaching you
the skills to deal with areas of your life you may struggle with, and with time be able to use these on your own. In other words, empower you with the tools you need to help yourself. She is also trained in Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT), and have some prior training in . She enjoys using mindfulness and relaxation actively
in the sessions, and find these to be valuable tools, which enables people to deal with stress, anxiety and adjustment better.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- Master of Health Sciences in Psychology (Hons)
- Bachelor of Arts with an extended Major in Psychology
- Registered with New Zealand Psychologists Board
- Member of New Zealand Psychological Society
- Member of the Institute of Counselling Psychology
- Member of Aotearoa New Zealand Association for Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (AnzaCBT)
- Member of Association of Contextual Behavioural Science (ACBS)
- National Hauora Coalition (NHC)
- Work and Income
If you have any questions, or you would like to make an appointment, you can contact her on
phone number 021 17 12 142, or send an email to [email protected]
Ponsonby: *Tuesdays, Wednesdays , *Thursdays, Fridays and every second Saturday.
* late appointments available.